TRADE REGISTRATION SYSTEM
Privacy and Security Policy
While information is the cornerstone of the Trade Registration System’s ability to provide superior service, our most
important asset is our clients’ trust. Keeping information secure and using it only as our clients would want us to, is a
top priority for all of us. Here then, is our promise to our individual clients:
- 1. We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our clients share with us.
- 2. We will limit the collection and use of our clients’ information to the minimum required to deliver superior service to our clients.
- 3. We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of client information, to have access
to that information.
- 4. Employees, who violate our Privacy Promise, will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- 5. We will not reveal client information to any external organization, unless we have previously informed the client in
disclosures or agreements which are authorized by the client, or are required by law by our regulators.
- 6. We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our client information.
- 7. Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our policy standards,
and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- 8. We will attempt to keep client files complete, up-to-date and accurate.
We want you to understand what personally identifiable information ("Information") will be collected through this website, and
how it may later be disclosed. You can visit this site to find out about our products and services, or use other value added
services, without giving us any information about yourself.
If you are a client, or potential client, details about the information we collect and how it may be disclosed, is contained
in our Privacy Notice. In order to provide better service, we may use “cookies” which may be set by another company for us. A cookie is
a small piece of information that a website stores on your web browser that can later be retrieved and read only by the same site.
of visitors to our site, or to enable us to present rotating information to you at our site. You can set up your web browser to inform
you when cookies are set, or to prevent cookies from being set.
Clients may review and change contact information such as address, phone and email information by signing on and updating their
last time this policy was revised or materially changed.
This policy was last modified July 28th, 2008
Our Privacy Notice below applies to all client transactions initiated on our website.
We may disclose any of the above information that we collect to other Government Agencies.
- Our Privacy Notice: Keeping client information secure is a top priority for all of us at the Trade Registration System.
This notice tells you how we collect, handle and disclose personal information about you.
- Our Policies and Practices to Protect Your Personal Information: We protect personal information we collect about you, by
maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed applicable laws. As a current client, you can learn
more about how we protect this information by reviewing the Trade Registration System’s Privacy Promise for our clients.
- Personal Information We Collect and May Disclose: The personal information we collect about you, comes from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you when you use the services provided on our website or other forms, such as your name,
address and telephone number, and
- Information about your transactions with us, payment history and account activity.
Every effort will be made to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus
program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to
your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
Clients who use the Trade Registration System’s E- Payment Facility are responsible for the security of their user name and/or password.
Should they inadvertently let someone else know their user name and/or password they should contact the Trade Registration System
immediately to have their user name and/or password changed, before any third party damages occur.
We will not be responsible for any business lost (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill
or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss that is not reasonably foreseeable to both of us, when you
commenced using the website.
Credit Card Fraud
Credit Card Fraud and misuse is a growing problem. In the event anyone has access to your credit cards and uses them to pay any fees,
duties or taxes in your name and address, with or without your permission, the Trade Registration System and its associated parties
will not be responsible.
We work against credit card fraud, and we try to protect our clients, in every way possible.
The Trade Registration System and its technology partner eGov Jamaica Limited do not store credit card information collected on our
website. Payment information submitted online are encrypted and the credit card details passed to the payment gateway of the respective
commercial bank. The bank and not the Trade Registration System or its partners store payment details. At no time is it therefore
possible for an employee of the Trade Registration System or eGov Jamaica Limited. to view credit card information.
The Trade Registration System will not be liable for any losses suffered by clients due to credit card misuse or fraud.
When users visit the website, the application server logs the following information which is provided by your browser, for statistical
All of this information we use only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes. No attempt will be made to identify
users or their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant.
- The type of browser and operating system you have.
- Your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of
your service provider’s machines)
- The date and time of your visit; and
- The address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
If you have any questions about the privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with the website, you may contact:
eGov Jamaica Limited
235b Old Hope Road
Tel: (876) 927-1125-8
Fax: (876) 927-1810